Saturday, October 17, 2009

12 weeks


Well it has taken me three weeks to be able to write this blog. Fez lost his battle on October 4th, 2009. We woke up that morning and he had begun vomiting blood. He was still happy and wanted to eat what little tuna he was able to put in his stomach, but he was quiet and no longer wanted to play. He just wanted to be with us. I knew that keeping him around longer would be for me...not him.

I am thankful for the time we had with Fez. The chemotherapy gave us exactly 12 weeks. While these 12 weeks had their ups and downs, for the most part they were a good 12 weeks. We will miss him running loudly down the hall, his requests to play with the laser and his constant quiet companionship while I study.

He has a beautiful resting place up at my parents cottage. We had him cremated by Gateway Pet Memorial. http://www.gatewaypetmemorial.com/ They are amazing people and I would highly recommend them. We buried Fez's urn under a burning bush. Appropriate I thought because every fall, near the time he left us, the leave of the bush will turn a bright vibrant red as a reminder of Fez. A beautiful showy shrub I am sure he would approve of and would even taste if he was given the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment